Thursday, August 30, 2012

Ash attends to her Grass-fed beef

When fencing goes down it is always good to have a reliable stockdog on hand.


This month we continue to have repairs from the storms. Fencing, fencing, and more fencing is part of the daily ritual to ensure safety of livestock. The electric portions are a constant checkup. Ash was more than happy to help me out this morn to keep the stock from straying off to on an "off beef zone" that would have let them out on our neighbour's quarters and mingle with a lot of shedding that would of taken hours and hours to sort. There was a lot of high grass and great for the cattle but fencing was a problem that needed to be retrofitted and electrified.Thanks Ash!  She prevented them from crossing over to three escape zones. Fall weather is starting to appear as I take note of some of the tree lines. Beautiful, but also signifying that winter can be here in a heartbeat - always sooner than we think. If only I could get the crew to fetch and collect the kindling in advance that I am storing for the woodstove for the winter - but apparently, that is not in their contract:.

And speaking of free-range grass fed cattle -I thought I would share some links that some rancher friends sent me that foster all the enjoyment , expense, and journey that they endear, from raising to humane slaughter.

LINKS worth watching
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YpC6hQt0b8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=tXy9uCJ_ssc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMqYYXswono&feature=player_embedded

Ash says " I hope you enjoy the links too"
My "easy breezy cover girl Ash" always looks regal and dignified even after a storm and doing ranch chores
Ash and Rook hanging out with their grass-fed beef  -  I love how some of the Lulu B. Bovines are getting used to stopping and striking a pose when they see my camera:-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...