Thursday, March 1, 2012

As Time "Marches" On!


I still have lots to do to prepare for the new herd of cattle for the spring –  a bit more fencing needs to be pounded in place to create another rotational graze zone before the cows come home! 

On Christmas Day 2011, I stopped by in Crossfield to meet my new 30 black angus heifers! The cattle are staying at my friend's ranch for the Winter and making their way to my farm in the Spring. It will be an extra busy year for my Canaan Crew this year. They will be looking after my 30 gals plus my neighbour's herd of 50 on his quarters. The crew is very excited and looking forward to more stockdog chores come this spring.

My friend captured a few pics of me meeting my girls - they all look great and healthy and I can't wait to see them free-ranging on my quarter in Raven!





And my "Canaan Crew" can't wait either:-) A Few pics from last year of my stockdog Crew


'Macc" gone but never forgotten - he was so good on the stock!
Miss 'Ash" working a bossy girl  who needed to get in line- a good cow dog is not afraid of going to the head of the cow - Ash is super-confident in that job:-)
Miss "Cybelle" AKA "The "Bibs" loves to drive the girls to their rotational grazing zones
Miss "Ash" is always respectful when mom and baby are grazing
Young 'Rook" being respectful when the herd is at the watering hole





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...