Saturday, March 10, 2012

The "Meltdown" (Part One)

 I am praying to the sun gods for more sunny days ahead to help with "the meltdown" on our land after our big powder last week. Our Tracking class was cancelled today so I tried to get "The Crew" to help out with some of the household chores. Lots of dirty windows and the mudroom needs another clean-up. This is what "The Crew" looks like when they are asked to give a hand with the household chores.
'Ash" says your windows need some cleaning!
"Ash" & "Rook" - "We will just catch some rays on the deck and watch over things while you wash the windows!"
"We will take care of our own cleaning while you take care of your own:-)"
"Rook" - "I know I am a working dog, but you expect  me to help with household chores too!"
Cybelle is hopeful about Spring coming when we found a small patch out on the land with a meltdown!
The Crew girls "Ash" & "Cybelle" in lie downs as I mop up the entrance! Thank goodness for obedience!
Rook says " enjoy the rest of your day cleaning!" - thanks buddy!
"Ash" says "when you have some real work for me like cattle chores I will get off the deck!"
"Rook" says " I am helping out "in my own way" with some cleaning chores:-)"
"Cybelle" says " ok, now that you are finished cleaning, when do we eat!"
"Ash" says "I am loving the sunshine - bring it on!"
And at the end of the day I got invited to the neighbours for dinner who dug us out last week . "The Crew" alerted  me to coyotes when I got back home - a pretty good relationship, indeed. Although I would still like them to help out with the house cleaning:-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...