Friday, November 23, 2012

National Canaan "TV DIVA" Cybelle AKA "Bibs"

When training and investing in the right dog for a career on working stock pays off it can be that much rewarding! There is much to be said in this post but after a long and cold day of helping out neighbours with water problems for their cattle, I wanted to post this before I got a good night's sleep. I came home to a wonderful message from our friends Ryan and Andrea in BC about a surprise TV snippet of my Diva in the Crew "Cybelle" AKA "Bibs" that warmed my heart.

Photo of "Bibs" CKC Ch Ha’Aretz Gimel Northern Confidence "Cybelle" CKC-HT, CGN, CARO-RN-MCL, AKC-RA, CDCA-HC representing the herding group for her breed on TV - courtesy of Ryan and Andrea in British Columbia who snapped the pic from the telly and sent it along.

This is the message I received from Ryan and Andrea:

"I was just watching the National Dog Show in PA, on NBC. And while I was anxiously watching the Herding group for a Canaan to grace the Stage and take the show!! Unfortunately, there was not one in the show, but the picture intro to the Herding group had the picture of Bibs telling a Bessy who's boss!!!
So not only is She a DIVA, she is now a National TV DIVA as well... 
Congratulations!!!"

Thanks guys for making my long day a bit brighter in the night.

And I can't resist sharing a few fav pics of my Diva at work throughout the years working on free-range cattle, and a few special pics of her personality that continue to "shine on" through out the ages:-)


The Bibs doing what she does best "working the bossy bessy in the herd"
Cybelle driving the herd to the next graze - she loves to be in the driver's seat
Texas hold'um - holding at the gate is a big task and one that is greatly appreciated by a rancher who can rely on a confident working dog
Brace work with my girls - Cybelle to the right working with a young Ash on the left. Cybelle was a great help in teaching Ash a lot about working with free-range cattle
The "Bibs" keeping an eye on the herd
A good cow dog is always "head on" when needed
Bib's getting ready for her drive
The Bibs out with a young Ash teaching her the ropes
My beautiful and talented member of the Crew, seven -yr old "Miss Bibs"
She is also a secret book worm at heart - but, in a heartbeat will always be ready and alert to take on coyotes and provide loyalty as a member of my pack. She loves attention but has always wanted a working "win-win" - meaning if the work I do works for you then we have "a win-win". For me - that works! She may be the smallest of my crew in size, but she is the wisest and most-accomplished. She has many miles before she sleeps and continues to amaze me. 
and when we needed to move some very stubborn  bulls "the Bibs"was there. We had to move these guys and the Bibs said 'ok" let me take charge!
and when a dog can get in this close to move some very stubborn and unpredictable bulls and not get kicked ( these two are new to our ranch and older than our other two boys) you know you have a great cow dog! She's the best!  
My Bibs! I know I have shown this pic on a recent blog - but I love this pic -  she is "athletic, strong, confident" and always up for a challenge, and a very sweet girl who is always willing to be there to protect and take care of her land and stock  - could not ask for a better Canaan on a ranch!
Bibs with the youngest crew member two-year old "Rook" who is also a great cattle dog in the making - Bibs said in a private interview - I taught him all the tricks of  the trade:-) 
And without Bibs helping with training my "Ash" she  could not be called upon to help with some shedding  duties. Here I needed her to shed off some certain cows. Ash was a great help thanks to earlier training from  Cybelle and Maccabee. Because of the training, I  knew what I needed to ask of this other great cow dog in the Crew. And if you look closely, you can spot young Rook - look for some feet:-) - I put him to test on this ranch chore with Ash - he was a bit too speedy at first but worked it out with Ash's assistance. 
The "Bibs" athletic, energetic and intelligent - a great ball of talent for those who can keep up with her:-)
Where it all began:-) A very young pup Cybelle at herding lessons back in Utopia, Ontario. 
As a former show girl, "The Bibs"  is always willing to stop and strike her championship conformation pose:-)
A young Bibs gives career advice to Jessie a friend's daughter back in Ontario who is starting her career as a Junior dog handler  - Bibs says be strong and confident, work hard,  and always follow your dreams:-) Bibs added "Hey Just look at me!" 
The girls say " bring on the world - we are ready for all the challenges that come our way:-)
Miss Bibs was showcased in the Champion magazine in Canada. Cybelle says "here is my early show career "which she never regrets and was glad to represent the breed.  In Canada, the breed is in the working group - the biggest group and tough to earn a placement. She went on to earn three group placements in her show career. But, she says" what I love best is working!"  And we do too! 


To View More about the "Bibs" CLICK HERE

To Read More About Working with Canaan Dogs as Ranch Dogs CLICK HERE

To Read More About the Herding Style of a Canaan Dog CLICK HERE

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Michelle and Cybelle!!!Miss Bibs the T.V. Diva,can I get your autograph? Great pics as usual Rancherwoman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Denise, Miss Bibs is ready for you when you visit next to sign autographs:-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...