Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Crew's Herd Arrives!

Our Purebred Black Angus Cattle Have Arrived!

It has been a long haul  pounding in the remaining posts to complete the extra fencing needed to finalize the extra grazing zones for our new herd of heifers. Everything was smooth sailing for the transition from Crossfield to Raven for our new herd who arrived on the ranch this past Sunday. They are making themselves at home, feasting away on our fresh and moist pasture and are well-protected by my savvy stockdog crew.


I snapped a few pics of the herd quenching their thirst down by one of our sloughs with young master Rook tending to his stock. Stay tuned for more pics throughout the weeks ahead of the crew's ranch duties. 



My Happy Stockdog "Rook"
My Rookie watching over his range

2 comments:

  1. Looks like the stock is enjoying the new pasture... And the dogs will be happy to be working.
    Although I have to say ... Is that our tracking field?!
    Guess they can use it for awhile... But we will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The herd and stockdog Crew are so far living in harmony on the pasture. It is definitely a peaceful scene especially in the early morning while I watch them from my window.

    Why, yes Lynn, that is our tracking field:-) When we track they will probably take cover in the bushes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...