Friday, June 22, 2012

Ranch Ramblings in Raven

Home On The Range 


A few pastoral pics of our relatively calm and serene week on the ranch. I had only one repair to attend to this week when the electric fencing on the east side of the quarter went down and three cows were grazing in the "off limits to Beef" section. I took Rook out to drive the girls out of the area so I could fix the fencing. 


The Lulu B's and Bulls are settling in well on their Raven homestead and are getting acclimatized to the presence of me and the crew. When I call out to the "Bovine Brigade" they now come up to the fence so I can have a chat and check them out. One heifer "Lulu B. Bovine Number 4" seems to be particularly fascinated with me. When I call out to the herd she is is the first to stop by and strike and pose.

Our beautiful sunrise at 5am
sunrise semester over the range
Rook drives the three hefs away from the "off limit zone" so I can repair the electric fencing on the east side. Thanks buddy!
The girls gather at the watering hole

The Lulu B's are starting to come visit me at the fencing close to the home when I call out "Lulu B's, Lulu B's!" My friend Denise took this photo on her visit out o the ranch. Thanks Denise! 

Miss "Lulu B. Bovine Number 4"

One of our gentleman "Bull-Jolais"

Miss Ash keeps an eye on the herd from her post

Ash calmly watching over the Lulu B's

Master Rook and the herd going about their business. Rook is also a great rodent hunter like his gal-pals Cybelle and Ash

My Canaan Crew seldom plays with toys so whenever they pick one from the outdoor toy box I have to try and capture the moment:-) 

Ash holding on to her toy as she watches the herd in the distance

Ash says "Even a working girl has to take time off to show off her  playful side!"

We have had so many coyotes lately - Master Rook Tells the predators that this is his territory!"

Rook says "did I do good boss?" Yes you did Rookie Roo!

3 comments:

  1. Michelle, this is really a nice post. I love to see how the cows are fitting in and how your dogs are working. It shows the Canaan Dog at its finest. You are a wonderful advocate for the breed. Every Canaan Dog fancier should have your blog bookmarked. I see a book in your future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, thanks for your lovely comment - as you know, this breed continues to be the only breed for me - Go Canaan Dog!

    Cheers Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great shots Michelle! Rook looks so in his element with the herd:) And love the last shot;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...