Monday, July 16, 2012

Middle July Ranch Ramblings - The dog Days of Summer


The weather has been unusually hot for our Alberta Summer. This heat reminds me of my summer temperatures back in my home province of Ontario. While I try and cool-off in the doggie pool, the crew takes full advantage of the sloughs on the range.

This week we are back to rain and thunderstorms with more tornado watches - never a dull moment with Mother Nature in command.

In between cattle chores and tracking down my stream of lost items, the "desert dogs of Raven" enjoy their "dog days of summer" on the ranch. 

And I am hoping that my good friend Annabel in Montana is gifted with much needed rain for her sheep ranch from this post! 

Rook sports his joker grin while cooling off in one of the watering holes

Ash says "Hey, Rook let's play who can find artifacts in the slough game!"


Young Master Rook's summer time smile

Ash takes a splash and finds a floating log

Rook checks on the cattle's mineral supply

Rook takes in the aroma of my morning cup of java

Miss Ash has some R & R


Miss Cybelle's summer time smile - check out those pearly whites!
Ash & Rook entertain themselves with a scavenger hunt just before our next thunderstorm
Ash says "My Canaan senses detect more rain and thunderstorms in the forecast"

1 comment:

  1. Love all that water. Yes, send it our way!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...