Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Crew’s Favourite “City Mouse” pays a Visit

The crew entertained their good friend Gordon from Toronto who was able to spend some time with us on a visit that brought him to Alberta on a business trip to Calgary.

Gordon and "Cybelle" The Diva of the Crew snuggling by the fire

Gordon is no stranger to the crew. He has met my first two crew members Macc and Cybelle back when I lived in Ontario, and met the newest members  Ash and Rook on business trips that brought him out to the west. Gordon and I figure we must know each other for more than 18 years now – we met as young editors in the publishing business  and although, we are miles apart still keep a great friendship.  

I decided to invite a few friends to celebrate a winter feast with my Toronto buddy. Catherine who is raising free-range Cornish Giant chickens brought one of her birds for a scrumptious dinner. The hen was already killed, plucked and deliciously cooked, of course, before it was presented at the dinner table. My rancher friend Denise who raises Black Angus cattle was also able to come and be apart of a great winter feast. 

Some rambling pics with our great “city mouse” and "country mice" friends at the Raven Ranch. It was really cold and gray outside so we opted for some indoor shots.

"Hat Trick" Me and my buds Gordon & Denise. Since we wear a lot of toques in Alberta, we got Gordon into the spirit of modelling some of the Alberta designs. My hat, and the one Denise is sporting, are both designed by my good friend Catherine. Gordon's fur flap is the one I wear when the weather dips down into -30C temps. 
Gordon captures a dramatic pic of me and my Rook "the Masked Marvel"  by the fire.
What's a winter toque feast without some goofy pics with my buddies Gordon and Catherine:-)
me and my big hammy boy
Since Miss Ash would not settle down for a half-decent pic, I found this photo of her and her city mouse friend from a fall visit to the ranch.

And a Few nostalgic pics from the memory vault of our City Mouse friend with the Crew on the ranch last fall with warmer temperatures:-)



5 comments:

  1. It was so such to see Gordon again. Good food, good laughs, good wine, good friends, good Canaan dogs and great goofy pics:-) More of this, please:-)))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops meant to say "It was so NICE to see Gordon again." But I am sure you figured that out:-) My toque must be on too tight today. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always fun to have a feast with great friends, food, dogs, and taking goofy pics of the event:-)At least, we know the pics were not staged and brought all our "inner-child within" out":-)))What a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the black and white photo. Your Crew is so photogenic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys said it all!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...