Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Timeless Tuesday (Balls Falls)


I decided to pick a Tuesday each week to pause (paws) and remember a moment in time with the desert crew.

Today I chose some pics from a day trip back in 2006 in Ontario with crew members Cybelle and Macc. Larry and I had taken our first two Canaan Dogs out for a hike to Balls Falls located in the Niagara Peninsula. This conservation area known as the Twenty Mile Creek has two waterfalls - the upper falls which are 35 feet high, and the lower falls which are 90 feet high. There are also several sandstone rock formations – almost cave-like. Cybelle was particularly fond of these formations since they resembled thrones suitable for a young warrior princess. Master Macc was three years old at the time, and Miss Cybelle (a Diva in the making) was just over a year old.

Stay tuned for "Timeless Tuesdays".

Cybelle's view from her castle - she was just over a year old 
A young Maccabee ( my Rook's sire) and me beside the lower falls - Macc was gracious to pose since he loathed water! 
Cybelle addresses her subjects from her throne
A young three-year old Macc beside the raging falls
Me and Cybelle - I always liked this pic for a couple of reasons: one, Larry captured some interesting shadows on my face ; Two,  "Bibs" was always trying to compete with me for a photo shoot:-) and third, my beautiful leather and fur-cuffed gloves were captured in time and never to be seen of again since I forgot them in Balls Falls! They were a birthday present from Larry.
The golden Prince perches on this throne
Destined to be Queen some day

4 comments:

  1. I love hearing and seeing photos of the past. Great idea. How young the dogs look...but you look just like you do a few years later!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Annabel! Stay tuned for more past pics from the memory bank:-) And, well, geez I am blushing:-) I am not sure if the dogs think I look as young today as I did with them back in 2006:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea too! What a great picture of Cybelle at the bottom. They are all nice actually, but that one is very classy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Donna. I was thinking since I have SO many pics it would be a great way for me to share and reflect on all the great memories along the way with the crew.

    I think Cybelle would agree that she looked classy back then, as she does now:-) I thought of your Jet and my Cybs - such confidence and attitude in both of our "diva" gals:-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...