Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Art of "Dogma" With Master Rook & The Crew

We had heard on the news that snow was in the forecast this weekend. One of my tracking comrades in Stettler, AB got hit with the powder last night, but out in Raven we awoke to a beautiful day of sunshine and frogs "a " croaking in the sloughs on the pasture. 


Young Jedi Master Rook and the girls began their day with some early morning "dogma" exercises. Each of the Crew members likes to do things differently when it comes to morning meditation to prepare for the day. Since their herd of heifers are not on the range yet for them to manage, they continue to take advantage of a bit of R & R and self-awareness techniques to strengthen their mind and body


 Rook concentrates on his "Dogma" stretches - he is showing nice form and discipline for quite a young Jedi! Below are his "three stages" for mastering the art of Dogma.


Rook demonstrates the first pose - I think he said that a beginner can attempt this one:-) 
The second pose - Rook says "this one is a bit more advanced because it demands a deeper stretch and loads of concentration!"
The third pose - Rook says "this stance is purely a mental one and although it looks very simple, apparently it is the hardest to master". He added "that this pose should never be attempted by the beginner since it calls for a deeper consciousness and overall awareness of self." He further added "if attempted too early on, a dog can be frozen in this state for days, even weeks!"


After his Dogma Session, Rook says "-I am revitalized and ready to cease the day!" Rook has also mastered the "Joker Grin", which his sire Macc had down pat!"

Ash's "Dogma" routine emphasized contemplation and self-awareness over a cup of Java. I think I like her routine the best:-) I also think she was deeply pondering why I had moved the work bench away from its original spot - A Canaan always knows when something has been moved!


I told Ash I had moved the work bench closer to the cattle fencing so she and her  crew members could have a  better perch for when the cows come - I believe she found it satisfactory after her dogma session.


Cybelle's "Dogma" session was one of great reflection. She continues to be the hardest one to catch in slow motion, so I took full advantage of capturing her in her "repose" state of dogma.


This morning, we had some religious solicitors who dropped off a copy of the "watchtower" for Cybelle. She was polite and courteous as usual. But, as open-minded as this gal is, she could not wait for them to leave so she could turn the magazine into dust - yep, another clean up for me! However, in hindsight, I suppose she was just trying to be environmentally conscience and help with the recycling.

After "The Crew" finished their Dogma Sessions, they went about their business

Young Jedi Rook discovered more of my clean-up of his bones. He told me that this pose was also apart of his "dogma routine" and  required a great deal of focus.

Guess who is the klutz in the family! I told Rook that maybe he has not "truly mastered his dogma stances!"

Rook tries to look like nothing has happened to MY last cup pf Java! Apparently, this is another meditative position in the fine art of dogma, or so I am told by the crew:-) 
Ash returns from her "spa dip" in the sloughs with the frogs and engages in a game of tug with the young Jedi
Ash says "Ha!, I win again - you still have much to learn young Jedi!"
Rook says "Hey Ash, I found another prize- and look I am even de-stuffing it for you!
Miss Ash is obviously unimpressed - she told Rook she was practising "dogma 101" - "the Canaan conserving energy for later fuel" pose
Rook says "I guess I will just go off in the sun and have some "me" time
After a bit of R & R, Ash is ready to return to her spa and challenge the young Jedi to a game of "first one to the slough to catch a frog wins!"
Ash is ready to test the young Jedi's reflexes with a surprise game of  hide and seek!
Just a pretty pic of my gal Cybelle - yes, she also approved of me moving the work bench closer as a perch for when the crew has to watch over the cows. She also found another toy that was lost out in the field and brought it home. She is a multi-tasker! 
Rook discovered a bit of green grass while sniffing for bugs. He said this "dogma" exercise helps stimulate the nostrils and prepares the mind for spring time hunting activities. 
A pic from Memory Lane - It seems Master Rook began his "dogma" exercises early on when he was only five weeks old
"Rook" and his brother "Creed" performing the "dogma" exercise "Dogs doing rendition of Swan Lake"

2 comments:

  1. You guys are having too much fun! Go Jedi Rook and yoga mamas Ash and Cybelle. So one driving down your lane might do a double take with all your different stances.
    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Annabel, yes,we are having fun on the range - especially when the snow forecast passed us by this weekend - yay! Jedi Rook and his dogma mamas (hmmmm... sounds like it could be a folk group name) definitely know how to enjoy life to the fullest. They certainly will be in great shape and sound mind for their new heifers. I even pulled out my yoga mat this morning and tried to follow along with Rook's session - accept he was unwilling to take pics of me since he was too busy concentrating on his stances - well, at least he is showing discipline and focus:-)))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...