Friday, May 4, 2012

The Crew says - Obtenez votre vert sur les bébés!

Obtenez votre vert sur ​​les bébés! Get Your Green on Babies!

My Quebec friends said to pass this on to my chiens when I told them the pasture was looking greener! - "Obtenir votre vert sur bébés! - Get your Green On Babies!"  My country Canaan Chiens who seem to be well-versed in several languages from english, to hebrew, to doglish, were out getting their green on!

Recently, the rain goddess has been gifting us with H2O. She has been filling up the sloughs on the pasture for more watering holes and "sprouting up more of the green stuff" for our much anticipated herd of heifers that will be coming home to free-range in a few weeks. 

It was a perfect day to "Get Our Green On!" This morning I was up early with my ranching neighbour to pound some more posts to extend another rotational graze zone for my herd - yes, the ground is finally thawed! After my lunch break I snapped a few of Ash "Getting Her Green On!" 

 Things are definitely looking greener! And Miss Ash was willing to strike a pose for the occasion.

Ash says "look, I am "getting my green on with my lovely sit with green things sprouting up in the yard and in the pasture!"
Ash says "the yard, pasture, and forests look even greener from when we tracked last
Ash watches some more posts being pounded in for her new herd of cattle.
I asked Master Rook to stay up at the house when I had to go back to the pasture - he was out trying to help us earlier with the post pounder, but he wanted to help too much! Ash is behind him making sure he stays. 
I asked Ash to stay after we had finished our work. She wanted to follow my neighbour out to the entrance. But, I am working on "solid stops" for anytime I say - good girl Ash. 
After a nice solid stay, I asked Ash if she wanted to polish the old tractor - she declined:-) But she did say "Hey, look how green the entrance looks!" 
And at the end of a long day Ash wanted to play for a bit - Canaan dogs don''t really play like other dogs do - so, when when they do initiate play it is kinda cool! 
Ash's play sessions always end short and she is back to watching over her land - no telly for her tonight....Oh, wait I don't have TV:-) She is an awesome working dog and I look forward to her continuing her ranch dog chores this year on the cattle. 
Ash has some down time "on the green" growing in her yard - she is happy to see the "The Crew's igloo" no longer buried in the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...