Saturday, April 13, 2013

"A Raw Deal" For the Lucky Charms


The Lucky Charms, who are officially four weeks old today,  were introduced to their first taste of  the Raw Diet that I introduce my litters to when they are old enough to start solid foods. The meat patty above is from my butcher where I buy the big Crew's meat. Of course, only the best and nutritionally sound meat will do for these fast-growing and energetic pups - free-range beef with organs are ground into a patty form which is perfect for puppies. The pups will have three mini-meals a day while also continuing to nurse from mom until Ash says" ok, that'll do". I puree the meat in a blender with  yogurt so it can be mushy and palatable for the pups. On certain days other supplements will be added such as cod liver oil, alfalfa, and some veggies.  Fresh water is also made available. 

Frankie was more than willing to be the demo-pup for the first sampling of the "raw deal" :-)

Some rambling pics of the Lucky Charms who all agree that raw is "magically delicious!"


Mom had to inspect the quality of the meat for her pups first - she gave it a big "paws" up!
Frankie wonders how long it will take for this delicious looking patty to thaw
Frankie says "Look it is magically thawing before my eyes!"
Frankie says "Yahoo! Finally Chow time!
Next up to the plate is Paddy with Frankie wanting seconds! I did have to put Frankie in the whelping den for a bit so bro Paddy could enjoy his meal in peace:-)
Bou says "this is so yummy in my Canaan tummy!"
Little Miss Manners "Olive" says "Look I will even sit before I dig in"

Olive says this was well worth the wait!!!!!
And last, but certainly not least, our emerging "Diva"  Penny "samples the goods with gusto
and off she goes, places to visit, beds to steal:-)


Miss Diva Penny says " I thought this bed was supposed to be all mine!"
Sister Bou says ""I will make this Diva Love me!"
Frankie says "I think I should camp out here for a bit and make sure the food is kept safe from any possible predators"
Play time for bro Paddy and sister Bou
Pretty Miss Bou says "look I have mom's comfy bed all to myself!"
Paddy has some quiet time with mom
Frankie says "when can we open up the toy box? I think my favourite toy is  locked inside!
Sweet brother Frankie says Olive can play with my toy for  a bit while I digest my meal
Frankie says "ok time to practise my mouse hunting skills again!"

The hunter of the crew says "Look Michelle I am bringing you my prey for a late night snack!"

Olive loves to spend time with momma Ash
Mom checks in on Miss Bou who has taken a liking to the tunnel

AND Some of the Big Crew during yesterday's walkabout in their kingdom


well-fed, exercised pups have a time-out with beautiful mommy Ash
Stay Tuned for Weekly updates of the five Lucky Charms!  And, I should add that the home that gets Frankie has to take his mouse with him:-)


For past posts about the "raw diet" with the 'Big Crew" CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...